About Me

My photo
Geez, what more can I say here? Just look at my interests, movies and books - it all says a lot about me!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Uggghhhh... All the Kings Horses and all the - you get the idea!

Can anything else go wrong with me!!!! NOW!, I have sinusitis and most probably strep-throat. I just feel like a Mac truck will be along any minute to end it all. If I am not scratching my head, back, leg, [stuff] - yea, I got a flare there too! At least it is a strong probability. I had a biopsy taken Monday - yep!, they took a chunk or at least a bit out of my [stuff]. On my way out, I stopped the nurse: "How bad is it going to feel when the local wears off?" "Oh, not bad at all... you'll just know that something was done there." YEEEEAAAAAA! riiiight! If I didn't like the ITCH before... NOW IT BURNS! Ha! Oh, yea, went to my eye doc to see why my eye was hurting (felt like I had an extra eye-ball in there!) and why my vision in that eye was all blurry. Turns out - I was at the WRONG doc's office! That's when I found out about the sinusitis - from my eye doc! Talk about feeling stupid with a CAP 'P'. It very quickly moved to my throat - thereby giving me the possibility of strep or even tonsilitis! yea, 40 y/o and still have those problem makers!
So, I am trying to get to my PCP this week (pray for the SQUEEZE in for me!). When I do get there I have a HOST of 'shine-ola' to go over with her. The pain in my shoulder, back and knee... derm said to ask my PCP first before giving it the 'psoriatic arthritis' name. Great! In the mean time, I can use but only half my friggin' limbs!
Man! And being vegan through all this - THAT is a whole different set of FIREY RED HOOPS I need to maneuver. Currently the treatment I have for the pso is all external... and I read ALL ingredients. Save the fact that each pharm company (now up to 4) has labs that test.... well, you get the idea. At some point, I just cannot avoid certain unsavory things as a vegan. For Pete's sake, I am not suicidal! Nor am I stupid or a masochist. I don't want this disease NOW or later or EVER... the best I can do is my best. I cannot control anyone's ignorance, heartlessness, or otherwise inhumane behavior. But I digress.....
Being vegan and trying to deal with the upper respiratory infections - THAT is a trick. Most if not ALL antibiotics are laced with some form of cow milk product. Uggghhhhh! I've tried that before.... pill came back up with in minutes. There is, though, another option: getting an injection. I am not afraid of needles... just WHAT'S in the thing behind the needle. The upside to this option: it can not come 'back up'. Sooooooo, I wait for that 'squeeze in' appointment with my doc (who, btw, has bent over backwards for me as a vegan and she is wonderful about it!). Pray that she can come up with a solution for me that is minimally invasive and put me back together! Feeling like Humpty Dumpty! lol
In the mean time... I will probably not be blogging very much as I really need to get this illness behind me. Classes start on May 17th. And if she (my doc) decides it's time to put the 40 y/o tonsils out of their misery - I'll need time to recover before school starts! Not that I talk a lot - I don't. But heaven knows... I AIN'T EATING JELLO!! I prefer the awesome ice cream from God Himself: made of coconut milk!
Any-who.... I am off here! Ta-ta my friends!

In His Gracious Grip,
Me

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you are suffering lately, that is so hard to go through with a disease on top of it! I would suggest that you eat as much garlic as you can stand, and also dose yourself with some onions. The best way I know how to deal with this is a veggie noodle soup. I load mine with fresh garlic, fresh onions, carrots, and celery. The usual stuff, I use a veggie broth cubes and then I add kale or spinach, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh jalapeno and and soy sauce. Get you some peppermint tea and drink it as hot as you can stand it. Do not use any processed sugar, agave would be best for you. And tons of high pulp not from concentrate orange juice...
    There you go, Dr. Viva is the house...that will be $230.87....lol
    Using this theory, I have been strep free for about 10 years!

    ReplyDelete